Linked Minds is a joint project between Volunteer Link Scheme and Mind in Ealing and Hounslow. The project will support adults who are isolated as a result of mental health problems, by matching them with trained befrienders.
- Befrienders will meet up with clients for 1-2 hours each week for a year.
- Befrienders will provide companionship and build an open, trusting connection with clients.
- Befrienders will bring hope.
- Befrienders will offer emotional support.
- Befrienders will help clients gain a better understanding of their mental health, of their diagnosis and of how these affect their lives.
- Befrienders will work with clients to think about how they would like life to be and plan how to get there.
- Befrienders will work alongside clients to help them develop their social skills and confidence.
- Befrienders will work alongside clients to help them develop ideas of how to alleviate their loneliness.
- Befrienders will encourage people to pick up old interests and discover new ones by engaging with activities in their local and wider communities.
- Befrienders will help people to find and access things in their local and wider communities.
- Befrienders will empower clients to make positive choices about what they want to do.
- Befrienders will provide written feedback to the project coordinator monthly and raise any concerns or queries with project coordinator as soon as they occur.
. . . and to stand with clients on their journeys to recovery
For more information, call our Linked Minds Coordinator on 020 8434 3676. To apply please complete and return the Volunteer Registration form. Other information is also available for download, see below.
- Volunteer Registration Form, all projects (Word Document)
- Information about volunteering Volunteer Link and Linked Minds (PDF)
- Linked Minds befrienders role.docx (PDF)